150 enterprise sales teams in Europe
Which venture backed companies have the largest and most sophisticated enterprise sales teams? We asked Tactic to find out. Not only did we look at the size of these teams, but also their focus: do they sell to enterprise, mid-market, SMB, or all three?
- Rudy Lai
- Dec 1, 2022
- Updates every
Not only is this question interesting to us at Tactic, we also find that a whooping 15% of our target accounts sell into a sales/marketing persona.
However, not all revenue teams are made the same way.
We researched 3,000+ European VC backed scale ups to ask:
👉 Where are the biggest sales teams?
👉 Do they sell to enterprise, mid-market, or SMB?
👉 Who sells to all 3 segments?
What do the numbers say?
- 30% of european VC backed scale ups have B2B sales teams. That’s a whooping 900 teams!
- 35 companies focus explicitly on all 3 segments – including Payfit, Deliveroo, Darktrace and GoCardless
- 97 companies focus on all 2 segments – including Adyen, Matillion, and Alma
Where did the answers come from?
🤔 You might be asking, how do we know this?
Well its pretty simple. For say the enterprise segment, we asked Tactic to count
- number of people in a company with the words 'enterprise' in their job titles
- number of job posts hiring for 'enterprise sales', 'enterprise AE', 'strategic AE', 'sales director' and similar
Here's the first 50 companies in this dataset. If you'd like to ask additional questions (e.g. who has monthly pricing?), integrate this into your CRM, or access the rest of the dataset, please contact us for a chat!